Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The month of a garnet birthstone

And so has passed the first 31 days of a new decade. Personally, I rather enjoyed it. Here is a list (Yay! Lists!) of a few things that I've done during the past month:
~ Snunk out of the house in the middle of the night in my PJs to run around on an oval, play in a fenced-off playground and watch the sun rise
~ Went to Scienceworks and the Planetarium (and loved it)
~ Got accepted into Science at Melbourne University
~ Got my Learner's Permit (finally)
~ Was given house keys (FINALLY!)
~ Saw the performance of someone from the internet with whom I am rather taken
~ Jumped off the pier at the beach for the first time
~ Killed my eyes spending a whole day going every post of Sally's tumblr
~ Endured sunburn
~ Endured windburn
~ Got a job
~ Lost my job
~ Learned to crochet an octopus
~ Forgot how to crochet an octopus
~ Read the following books for the first time:
- Feeling Sorry for Celia, Jaclyn Moriarty
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams (the first book, not the entire series)
- Before I Die, Jenny Downham
- Breathe: A Ghost Story, Cliff McNish
- Of A Boy, Sonya Hartnett
~ Watched the following movies for the first time:
- The Maltese Falcon [1941]
- Vertigo [1958]
- 2001: A Space Odyssey [1968]
- Black Swan [2010]
- North By Northwest [1959]
- The General [1926]

Hope you have all been successful in attempts to escape/bask in the extreme weather.

Lucy

{That delightful drawing at the top of this post comes from here. I strongly recommend visiting her Deviantart page. She is quite brilliant}

No comments:

Post a Comment